Wednesday 19 August 2015

As promised, more from Lidl!


Lidl's Just Free Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

This is another product from Lidl's new 'Just Free' range of gluten free products.
It comes in at a price of £2.99.
I'm giving this cake an amber rating.

I saw this cake while in my nearest store last week and thought I'd give it a try, seeing as I've enjoyed other items in this range (check out my previous review of the black and white pudding).
This cake really does have a homemade look and smell, although some may find it a little disappointing.
Personally I think the taste of the cake is great, however the texture is slightly crumbly and it is a little dry. Although I have found if you pop a slice in the microwave for a few seconds it seems less dry and is enjoyable with a cup of tea (while watching The Great British Bakeoff).

All in all I do think this cake is yummy but if you decide to buy it don't expect it to be quite like the real thing.

Thanks for giving this review a read everyone and please check out next Wednesday's review to find out whether Genius' croissants are worth the try!
Your Gluten Free Reviewer
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment